Palo Santo Uses and Benefits
Palo Santo Uses and Benefits, from mosquito repellent to cancer treatments, the Holy Wood , has a great variety of properties and uses. It is commonly used by burning it in the form of incense or small tablets, the oil is used in massages and mixed with other essences to obtain exquisite perfumes highly recommended for Aromatherapy.
The botanical name of the essential oil of Palo Santo is Bursera Graveolnes and belongs to the botanical family of the Bursáceae.
The essential oil of Palo Santo is obtained by steam distillation of the sawdust of the bark, wood and dry branches.
The Palo Santo wood has been used since ancient times by some Cultures in Central and South America, from repellent to physical and spiritual healing.
Its main constituents are:
– Limonene (45-80%)
– Alpha-terpineol (4-18%)
– Para-cymene (1-6%)
– Carvone (0.5-6%)
– Beta-bisabolene (0.5-7%)
– Phenol (0.5-4%)
The constituents may vary depending on whether the wood is harvested from coastal or inland areas, and whether the trunk is red or white.
Benefits of Palo santo Oil
The main benefits of palo santo essential oil are:
– Muscle pain
– Joint pain
– Respiratory problems: colds, flu, sinus infections, and especially asthma.
– Stimulates the immune system
– Insect repellent
– Reduces air pollutants when used in the diffuser
– Has a calming and relaxing aroma with a powerful energy. It can help increase spiritual awareness and focus meditation while clearing the space of negative energy.
– Body systems it works on: Emotional balance, immune system, nervous system.
Main Uses of Palo Santo Essential Oil
Helps the immune system
Palo santo essential oil helps and stimulates the body’s immune system, in addition, it helps with inflammation of the body, calms the nervous system, relieves chronic fatigue and stress.
Relaxing and helps with stress.
Palo Santo essential oil, is used for emotional and spiritual support, as it helps to relieve anxiety.
When inhaled, palo santo essential oil goes directly to our brain from where it helps activate the body’s relaxation responses, reduces fear, anxiety and insomnia.
If you want to have extra benefits with palo santo essential oil you can mix it with lavender essential oil + bergamot essential oil + frankincense essential oil.
Palo santo essential oil can help fight stress-related headaches or moodiness, thanks to the fact that palo santo essential oil helps to decrease inflammation and increase blood flow.
You can put palo santo essential oil in the diffuser or you can apply palo santo essential oil diluted in coconut oil on the temples and neck.
Cold and flu
Palo santo essential oil helps fight infections and viruses that cause colds and viruses. Palo santo essential oil helps improve blood circulation and recharges energy levels, which can help you feel better faster and relieve cold symptoms.
Reduces pain in muscles and joints
Palo santo essential oil helps to relieve arthritis pain, neck or back pain, muscle pain… simply dilute palo santo essential oil with hypericum macerate and apply on the area where you have the pain.
How to apply grapefruit essential oil
Here’s how you can start using palo santo essential oil at home today:
– In the diffuser: palo santo essential oil can be diffused throughout your home with a cool-mist diffuser.
– You can also Inhale directly from the bottle or rub several drops into the palms of your hand and then place your hands over your face, cupped, to inhale.
– Topically: Palo santo essential oil needs to be diluted with a vegetable oil such as almond oil in equal parts before applying to the skin.
– Apply on the chakras or on the reflex points of the feet.
– Palo Santo essential oil combines well with many other essential oils depending on what you want to use it for. You can combine it with frankincense essential oil, orange essential oil, myrrh essential oil or cedar wood essential oil.